We've had a busy October so we decided to start November with a lazy weekend. We became couch potatoes and filled up on pancakes, crumpets and Netflix! On Sunday we went up to The Farmer's Market at Ally Pally (Alexandra Palace). I picked up a delicious Vegan Nut Roast, some Bouncy Bars from Mr. Prempy's and pretty Rainbow Chard and Pink & Purple Kale. I've put the kale into all my meals this week including these Wraps!!
- Small onion
- Two leaves of rainbow chard
- A few leaves of purple kale
- Small beetroot
- Small tin of chickpeas
- Small jar of tomato sauce (or 1/2 cup homemade sauce)
- Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- pink Himalayan Salt and black pepper to season
- Roughly chop the onion and the kale.
- Remove the stalks from the rainbow chard and chop them up too.
- Grate the beetroot.
- Heat a small amount (less than 1tblsp) of coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add in the onion, kale, chard stalks, grated beetroot and chickpeas and cook gently until the onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle on the herbs and seasoning.
- Add in the tomato sauce. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce heat, stir and simmer for at least 10mins.
- Spoon mixture onto the chard leaves and wrap up.
- Serve immediately.