Hello Friends, Here comes Autumn!!! It's my favourite time of the year and I like to fill it with crisp fresh air, knitted hats, long walks in russet leaves and cozy evenings in. A hearty meal is my first priority after a busy autumn work day. Here's my version of a pot pie. I've used Jus-Rol pastry but feel free to make your own shortcrust. *Depending on pot size, the amount of filling may need adjustment. You want the filling to fill about 2/3 of the pot.*
- 1/4 cup Courgette
- 1/4 cup Mushroom
- 1 Beetroot
- 1/4 of a red onion
- few sprigs of Parsley
- 1/3 cup of White sauce - almond milk, cornflour, 1/4 of a veg stock cube.
- Salt and pepper
- Pastry - use jus-rol or make your own shortcrust
- Preheat the oven to 200•C.
- Grease two individual pots.
- Chop the courgette, mushroom and beetroot into small cubes.
- Dice the onions.
- Add it all to the greased pots.
- Mix together the ingredients for the white sauce and add to the pots along with the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out pastry and cut out two tops to fit pots.
- Pop the tops on to the pots and pinch around the edges.
- Cut a little hole in the top and bake for 20 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.